> > Golf Cart Registration
Golf Cart Registration 2017-10-03T20:55:15+00:00


As of November 1, 2015, it became mandatory in BC for golf carts to be registered and insured as off-road vehicles (ORV). The full info is available  at http://www.icbc.com/vehicle-registration/specialty-vehicles/Pages/Off-road-vehicles.aspx.

Off-road vehicles

Off-road vehicles (ORV) include snowmobiles, snow vehicles, golf carts, all-terrain vehicles (ATVs or quads), restricted use motorcycles (dirt bikes) and utility vehicles/side-by-sides (Gators, Argos, Rhinos etc.).

Do off-road vehicles need licence plates and insurance?

As of November 1, 2015, ORV registration with number plate display will be mandatory on Crown land, including resource roads on Crown land, on Nov. 1, 2015. Off-road vehicles that will be operated in limited circumstances on a highway have been required to obtain registration, a plate, a licence and insurance since Nov. 17, 2014. ORVs operated solely on private property do not require registration or a number plate.off-road vehicle (ORV) operators who are not operating on a highway have the option to register and obtain a number plate for their ORV through an Autoplan broker.

Golf carts

As of November 1, 2015, it is mandatory to register your golf cart as an off-road vehicle (ORV) through an Autoplan broker and display a number plate, depending on how you plan to use it.

Golf carts are allowed to be driven at a golf course or to cross the road to get to another part of the golf course.

Do I need to register and license my golf cart?

Golf carts should not be confused with low speed vehicles.

Golf course owners or operators

Golf carts and utility vehicles owned or leased by a golf course owner OR owned or leased by the golf course operator (if the golf course operator is different than the golf course owner) are exempt from having to register, license and insure with ICBC if operated at their golf course or between two parts of their golf course.

Insurance for unlicensed golf cart

If you are a golf course owner or operator with golf carts that are exempt from registration and licensing, you may wish to refer to other insurers for golf cart coverage. ICBC insurance is not available for the operation of unlicensed golf carts.

Golf club members (private cart owners)

If you’re a golf course member who owns or leases a golf cart, you’ll need to register and license your golf cart. To register and license your golf cart, please visit an Autoplan broker.

Do you have a question for us?

We can be reached at

604 940 6236

Our shop is located at

Unit 3 - 7191 Progress Way

We are open

MON - FRI: 8am - 4pm

Our Products